Whether you’re going to the beach, attending a friend’s backyard barbecue or graduation party, or even just hanging out at home, you want to be both comfortable and fashionable this season, of course! But how to make this happen in a simple, cost-effective and fun way is the real mystery. I’m here to help you out with that today! There are a TON of casual summer dresses for women out there, and they are very in-style right now, which is awesome! I love it when comfortable, flattering styles are in for once, lol.
The perfect casual summer dress
There are a bunch of different dress styles to chose from, but I personally think that the maxi dress is one of the best options you have. These dresses are so versatile, they work for just about any and every occasion, keeping you cool, classy and comfortable all day long. They also accommodate any number of differences in personal taste and style. Whether you’re into boho, hippy or classic, you can’t go wrong with a maxi dress!
Have you ever had one of those events where you just aren’t sure if it will be a dress up or dress down kind of gathering? You don’t want to stick out of the crowd as overly done up, but by no means do you want to be the only one in jeans while everyone else is sporting professional attire.
The maxi dress is a great choice when you’re unsure of yourself, because it doesn’t scream in the direction of either extreme, but tends to blend well with whatever direction the gathering leans towards. Besides…if it comes down to it, wouldn’t we all 1,000 times rather be slightly over dressed rather than under dressed? Yep. Maxi dress it is!!
Where to find inexpensive maxi dresses?
Now that I’ve definitely sold you on the idea of a maxi dress (riiiight?!?! 😉 ), the big question is where to find them at a good price. Let’s be real, the last thing you want to do is spend $50 on a single dress, even though this is considered normal or even a great deal! I know people do it every day, but you don’t have to be among these common folk 😉 What if you could buy two stunning dresses for that same price??
Amazon offers a really large variety of beautiful, casual maxi dresses, some as low as twenty dollars, and dozens upon dozens under the $30 mark! You can find slightly cheaper dresses as well, just without as many options. I want to share with you some of my favorite casual summer dresses for women that I found on Amazon. You can check out any one of these gorgeous styles to add to your wardrobe 🙂
Tips for your dress shopping
- Check the reviews. It’s really important to make sure the clothing is good quality and that the size is going to fit you properly before you order your dress.
- Browse multiple websites. Keep a dozen or so tabs open if it doesn’t overwhelm you, so you can compare prices, check out clearance and hunt for deals and your favorite styles
- Don’t buy from Wish. Unless you want a one-time costume for something, I would highly recommend NOT buying yourself clothes through Wish. If you do buy something from Wish, make sure to order up a few sizes, prepare yourself to be disappointed. Basically just don’t have high expectations of your $4 prom dress 😉
- Be willing to buy second hand. There are a bazillion places to thrift shop if you’re willing. Don’t discard the idea, because this is usually the best way to find brand name, high quality items at a significantly reduced price!
- Know your style and stick with it. It’s really disappointing to get excited about a particular dress that you know is super “in” right now, only to wear it once and never be in the mood for it again. So don’t just go out and buy whatever Instagram or Pinterest is throwing repeatedly in your face. Make sure it’s a style you genuinely like. If you’ve never tried the style before, make sure it’s returnable before you order it online, or else try a similar style on in an actual store first.
- Make sure you can return the dress if you want to. Since I brought it up, it’s actually ALWAYS a good idea to make sure you can return items before ordering online, since there are so many variables you can’t be 100% certain of via the internet. You kinda need to be able to try your dress on before you’ll know for certain if it’s going to work for you.
If you’re still unsure about ordering yourself a maxi dress, follow any of the links I posted up above to Amazon, and if I haven’t included a link to a style that you like, that’s totally fine, you can browse around to see Amazon’s other dresses once you’re there! Truly maxi dresses are one of the most simultaneously comfortable, classy and practical outfit choices I’ve come across. They’re an awesome choice for summer or honestly any season if you dress them right. Check out my post that dives a little more into the idea of wearing maxi dresses for any season right here https://maxidressjamboree.com/ladies-maxi-dresses-unlock-the-potential-of-these-incredibly-versatile-dresses/
I am eager to here what you think, and to find out if you love maxi dresses anywhere as much as I do!? Let me know in the comments below. And if you do decide to purchase a maxi dress from Amazon, I would love to hear an honest review from you about it!
Thanks so much for reading, I hope this helps you with your summer shopping!